Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Period Of The Judges, Recall of Jephthah, Judges 11.4-11

The Period Of The Judges, Recall of Jephthah, Judges 11.4-11

Free Bible Study: Israel’s Judges
The Hebrew word for Judges is Shophetim.  The thought behind this word has the idea of upholding justice and resolving disputes, but it can also mean “to liberate” and “to deliver.” The judges were men and women that God used to deliver the Hebrew nation, and then they ruled the nation and administered justice. They can be considered to be a type of Christ or Savior for the nation of Israel.


v  Use for daily Bible study

v  Use as a commentary on Judges

v  Use to teach Judges

An Amish man was asked if he had accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. The wise gentleman responded, “Why do you ask me such a thing? I could tell you anything. Here is the name of my banker, my grocer, and my farm hands. Ask them if I am saved.” True character is revealed in our treatment of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment